We're rounding out our three-part series on our shoot with LoveBash Designs, Hannah Haston Photography, Posey Floral, Wedding Wellness, and models Ashley of Fancy Ashley and Brittany Wheeler with some bridal brunch inspiration! Carmen of LoveBash styled a colorful, spring-inspired spread in the No. 1450 dining room where we toasted to a fun day of collaborating with such a talented group. The light-filled room made the perfect backdrop for the brightly colored florals and citrus fruits.
OUR TAKEAWAYS AND TIPS FROM LOVEBASH'S DESIGN:
1. Pull color inspiration from florals first, then bring in complimentary hues with juice carafes, salad ingredients, cutlery, etc. Our favorite was the green lettuce as the base of the citrus salad that tied into the floral stems and green flowers.
2. Use smaller, clear bud vases of varying shapes and sizes, with just a few types of stems in each for a low table setting that allows for easy conversation.
3. Cocktails served in coupe glasses lends a vintage feel to a gathering, while rose gold cutlery gives a nod to modern times. Add rose tented water glasses, and you have the makings of a gorgeous spring soiree.
4. Offer two different drink options that bring in color (in our case, pink and yellow/orange). Use clear carafes (Carmen had a cork top for a little more texture and modern feel.) This gives you the opportunity to offer a cocktail (mimosa) along with a non-alcoholic option (grapefruit spritzer).
5. Use white plates for the food to keep things classic and allow the brightly hued food to really make a statement.
6. Add a touch of additional creativity with a hand-dyed sheer table runner, which keeps the focus on the tablescape, while adding a soft, textural element. You can dye it yourself (we found a tutorial here) or you can search for one already made on a budget or on a splurge.
7. The best part? Many of the pieces used in the shoot can be found at Target or Ikea, or rented from a company like Loot (one of our collaborators). So, a gorgeous, colorful gathering with your girlfriends can be easy, fun, and affordable!
For those looking to host an intimate brunch, bridal shower, or even a ladies’ weekend, the No. 1450 cottage sleeps up to 7 and offers plenty of dining and lounge area seating. For more space to gather, you can also book our Boho cottage that sleeps up to 8, or our two new cottages (coming soon!) that sleep up to 3 people each. If you’re in need of a light, bright space to gather with your closest girlfriends (mimosas recommended!), take a peek at our availability calendar here.
Design & Planning: Carmen Collins / LoveBash @lovebashdesigns
Floral Design: Posey Floral @poseyfloral
Photography: Hannah Haston @hanhaston
Mobile Massage: Wedding Wellness @weddingwellnesstx
Models: Fancy Ashley @thefancyashley & @brittwheeler
Venue & Planning: The Vintage Round Top @thevintageroundtop